Sustainability is one of our core values. It drives everything we do and the way we create. We started this company, driven by the lack of sustainable options available, aiming to create products that are both sustainable and beautiful additions to our customers' spaces.
From product to packaging, we're committed to sustainable materials and practices.
We focus on material-led product design.
- Felt Made From Recycled Plastics: We make all of our products using recycled plastics. Our signature felt material uses fibers derived from the recycling of PET plastics, the most commonly used type of plastic. (PET plastic is marked by “chasing arrows” on any plastic packaging of food and bottled drinks)
- Water-based Vegan Leather: Our faux leather is made from 65% recycled material and is water-based. Most engineered leathers are solvent-based which give off toxic fumes.
- Recyclable Materials: Our products are recyclable at the end of their lives since PET can be recycled repeatedly. Our packaging is 100% recyclable, as well.
- Minimal Packaging: Our products are designed to ship compactly. Streamlined packaging materials ensure our products are shipped safely and without excess waste or emissions. We never include unnecessary or decorative fillers.
We design for durability and timelessness.
- Our products will stand the test of time and can evolve with you as your needs change. We avoid trends and lean into timeless design.
We offset our carbon footprint.
- We pledge to offset our carbon footprint by buying Carbon credits every year. Although we create and ship as sustainably as possible, there are emissions that are unavoidable in our manufacturing and shipping processes. We are committed to offseting what we create.
HOW WE CAN IMPROVE
We have many goals when it comes to increasing our sustainability and will always strive to do more. Our growth as a company will allow us greater access to new technologies, innovative manufacturing, and customized solutions. We are currently working to improve: (1) our shipping footprint, (2) the use of a small amount of non-recycled PET in the bonding of our felt fabrics.
- Our Sculpted line of products currently includes between 20-30% non recycled PET. Not-recycled PET is needed to bond the material and give it it’s signature hard structure. We haven’t yet found an alternative that is more sustainable but we are working hard to do so.
- Our Flex line of products includes approximately 1-5% non recycled PET in order to seal the material and to ensure it does not shed.
Our Handle bin felt includes approximately 1-5% non recycled PET in order to seal the material and to ensure it does not shed. The faux leather handles incorporate 35% non-recycled material to increase durability.
OUR VIEW ON SUSTAINABILITY
Our goal is to do no harm to the environment, but the truth is, even the most sustainable companies produce some carbon emissions (think production and shipping). That negative environmental effect can be offset by taking carbon positive action (think planting trees or buying carbon credits).
Where we are unable to be carbon neutral in our operations and materials alone, we pledge to offset that impact with carbon credits - bringing us to carbon neutrality.